- Index Residents Exhibition: FRÅN OCH TILL8 December 2017, 15:00–19:00
- Index Teen Advisory Board: Zine Release Fest14 June 2017, 16:30
- Workshop: Kehinde Andrews20 May 2017, 16:00
- Reading Group: Thinking Across the Divides: Achille Mbembe’s Critique of Black Reason31 May 2017, 18:37
- Open Workshop: FREE TRADE PARADIGMS1 April 2017, 14:00–16:00
- Exhibition: Media Coverage28 October–16 November 2016
- Writing Sessions: Sampling the name8 November 2016, 17:00–20:00
- Open Workshop: Placeholders19 November 2016, 13:00–15:00
- Writing Sessions: Collect the crash26 September 2016, 17:00–20:00
- Workshop: 15 minutes of shame with Anna Axfors13 August 2016, 17:00–18:00
- Workshop: Performance making with I HIMLEN ÄR ALLA LINJER BLÅ12 August 2016, 12:00–16:00
- Roaming Writing Sessions: The tongue is muscle filled with blood8 August 2016, 18:00–20:00
- Workshop: Build Your Own Joe9 July 2016, 14:00–16:00
- Roaming Writing Sessions: The Argonauts on The Stage27 June 2016, 17:00–20:00
- Workshop: Calligramming with Poesifest16 June 2016, 19:00–22:00
- Roaming Writing Session: Salongen23 May 2016, 17:00–20:00
- Workshop: Diagrammatics #222 May 2016, 14:00–17:00
- Open House30 April 2016, 11:00–14:00
- Cullberg Talks: Work28 April 2016, 18:00
- Roaming Writing Sessions: Telefonplan Bibliotek18 April 2016, 17:00–19:30
- Workshops: Diagrammatics16 April 2016, 14:00–17:00
- Workshops: The 'I' in Self6 March 2016
Index’ major learning initiative is Index Residents. Functioning as an open-ended platform for collaboration and dialogue, over 150 students from across Stockholm and Uppsala take up residency within Index for a one year period. This residency takes a long-term approach, allowing topics to evolve and develop in relation to the interests of the participants. Over the year, these groups of young people are supported to; reclaim the city centre, democratise art and to participate in art making. The Residents participate in workshops plus specialised visits to artists studios, art schools, film screenings and the like, providing a platform for young people to meet art and artists face to face.
Residents’ blog here.
The Index Teen Advisory Board (ITAB) offers eight paid positions for young people ages 16–20 every year for one full year. The aim is to bring together a group of young people with differing cultural backgrounds, languages and life experiences and reflect together on the role and potential of culture today, and implement ideas into the agenda of the organization. Meeting once a month, the board actively supports decision making and evaluation, and also participate in organizing events targetted at a young audience. In our meetings, we bring the board in close contact with our exhibiting artists, members of our organization and other cultural institutions, through a series of workshops, visits, and other activities.
ITAB blog here.
Index Mini Residents
Index is open to visits by primary school children ages 5 – 11, by arrangement.
During each exhibition at Index there is a parallel series of workshops that illuminate and demonstrate some of the key themes presented in the exhibitions.
With an interest in research, Index collaborates with many universities and art academies in Sweden and beyond through lectures, ongoing partnerships and co-operations. We offer students insight into our curatorial practice and the work of important contemporary artists and also provide a platform for courses to engage with our program.
Index regularly offers opportunities for internships for students and people new to the industry.
More information here.
Index has a space dedicated to learning and educational activities. Facing the waterfront with large windows towards the street, the space is also an exhibition platform for work being developed in connection to the pedagogical activities and affiliated schools.
For further information contact Bronwyn Bailey-Charteris, Curator of Learning